Do you want to learn how to standup paddle board?
Campers will work side-by-side with a qualified coach to develop a strong Standup Paddle Boarding foundation. Over the 2 days, the campers will receive personalized instruction to assist them in progressing at their own rythm. Campers will learn proper board handling, water safety, balance and paddling techniques.
What you will learn:
- Safety techniques
- injury prevention
- paddle sizing and proper grip
- Prone paddling, paddling while kneeling (safety position)
- How to paddle in a straight line
- Learn different turns
- How to paddle in unfavourable conditions
What you need to know:
- Ages 6 -12
- Time - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Location - Tyhee Lake Public Beach
- Camps will run in inclement weather as long as no safety hazard is present
What you need to bring:
- Paddleboard (if you have one, if not we will have one for you)
- PFD (Personal Floatation Device, if you have one, if not we will have one for you)
- Appropriate outwear, swimwear, towel and change of clothes
- Snacks, Lunch & Water
- Sunscreen & Hat
- Good attitude!